The Russell Chest Seal® has a unique low profile and flexibility. It is supplied in a pre-folded form to make it easy to stow into medical packs. In low light conditions, the valve can be ‘felt’ to be working making it ideal for military operations. The Russell Chest Seal® is used to cover penetrating chest wounds, and the valve mechanism allows air to escape from the pleural cavity without being drawn back in. This aims to minimise lunge collapse associated with this injury and to facilitate lung re-inflation. The device will remain adhered over many hours and is comfortable for the patient in prolonged use (up to 24 hours).
The Russell Chest Seal®, which earned Prometheus Medical its first Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation in 2015, is one of the largest chest seals currently available on the market.
- Fast, easy and intuitive to apply
- Patented hydrogel base
- 4 large peripheral apertures allow drainage of air and blood
- Large central hole in base material allows quick accurate placement with reduced risk of obstructing the wound opening
- Low profile and highly flexible
- Compact: easy to pack into medical kit
For bulk orders please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org